Awards & Checks
How do I get a reissue of my check?
If your scholarship check is lost, stolen, or has expired, ISTS can help you by issuing a new one. Just do the following to file that request:
- Write a brief statement to ISTS as to why you need the check reissued.
- Obtain a check or money-order of 35.00 USD made out to ISTS
- Mail both items and your original check (if you have it) to our address below.
- ISTS will reissue your replacement check within 7 business days once we have received your request.
When will my check arrive?
ISTS disburses scholarship and grant funds twice a year. Check your scholarship FAQ or award details for specific information about your award. Unless stated otherwise, your check will be mailed to your home address listed on your ISTS My Profile page. Academic Year and Fall scholarship checks are disbursed between July and August before your academic year begins. Winter/Spring scholarship checks are disbursed in December before your academic year begins. ISTS will email confirmation to your account email address when your check has been mailed.
Why does my check expire?
A 90-day valid check period is a standard banking practice observed by many companies in order to maintain proper accounting of funds. This also helps ensure that your scholarship check is applied to the appropriate academic term as required by your scholarship provider. If your check has passed the expiration date, don't panic. You can request a reissue of those funds through our Customer Care team.
How can I use my funds?
The use of scholarships and grants is restricted by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) of the United States. Your scholarship may impose more stringent regulations than those listed below. Make sure to check your scholarship FAQ or Award Details for specific information about your award and for documentation you can provide to your school. Scholarships may be applied to the following expenses at an accredited two or four-year institution in the US:
- Academic Fees required of all students
- Books required for specific course load by syllabus
- Equipment required for specific course load by syllabus
What are the details of my award?
As ISTS administers hundreds of different scholarships, loans, grants, fellowships and awards for many different clients, details of those funds can differ. Below are links to some basic information about awards and checks. Always be sure to check your application FAQ or the Award Details information linked in the Winner Notification for your program.
- How can I use my funds?
- When will my check arrive?
- Why does my check expire?
- How do I get a reissue of my check?